Active Transportation Plan (ATP)
Join us! Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 6 PM
We are presenting the final Active Transportation and Community Connectivity Plan to City Council.
How to participate:
Meeting ID: 883 7332 0235
311 Second Street
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
What is the San Juan Bautista Active Transportation and Community Connectivity Plan?
The City of San Juan Bautista received a Caltrans Sustainable Communities Planning Grant to develop an Active Transportation and Community Connectivity Plan that builds on the initial trail, bicycle, and pedestrian improvements in the City’s draft Parks Master Plan. This plan will include an intensive participatory planning effort to help identify priority projects to make the streets safer and more active, and improve trails and connections to historical resources and other destinations in San Juan Bautista. Short-term and Long-term projects will be identified that can be implemented through maintenance and capital improvement projects and the state Active Transportation Program.
What are the Goals of the Active Transportation and Community Connectivity Plan?
- Engage community members to identify needs and priorities
- Build on recent planning efforts to provide affordable mobility options and improvements that support active modes of transportation
- Recommend improvements to provide a complete and coherent network
- Develop conceptual plans for streets, public spaces, and development opportunity sites
- Identify short-term and long-term infrastructure projects and potential funding opportunities to empower the City to begin implementation
What is the timeline for the project?
- January—April 2022
- Existing Condition Analysis
- Advisory Group Meeting #1
- May—June 2022
- Advisory Group Meeting #2
- Community Outreach
- Design Charrette
- July—November 2022
- Draft Plan Development
- Advisory Group Meeting #3
- Goals and Draft Recommendations Workshop
- November 2022—February 2023
- Draft Plan Community Meeting
- Final Plan Development
- Presentation to City Council
How can I get involved?
Share your thoughts online. Participate in community events to let your voice be heard. Signup to receive updates on the project and be notified about upcoming events.
For more details about this project, you can contact Brian Foucht at the City of San Juan Bautista at 831-623-4661 x20 or ACM-CDDirector@san-juan-bautista.ca.us